We appreciate that all clubs, coaches and players are looking for guidance on how to move forward with our sport during the coronavirus pandemic. Outdoor venues are now allowed to open, but venues, coaches and players must adhere to the playing guidelines which the LTA have published in conjunction with government advice.
You can find all of the LTA’s advice at this link and there are also dedicated pages for the following:
The LTA have now provided the following update on competitions:
“I am writing to you with an update on which competitions might be possible up until the end of August 2020. As you will have seen, the current situation with regards to sport and what activity is permitted has not changed, although, based on recent conversations with Government, we hope restrictions might be further eased at some point soon, and potentially from the middle of July onwards.
In conjunction with Tennis Scotland and Tennis Wales, we have however made the decision not to run LTA staged and LTA approved competitions (Grade 1 to 5) up to Monday 31st August; this includes the O35s County Cup, Ilkley Grade 2, East Gloucester Grade 2, County Championships and the Junior National Championships. It is important to note that the LTA British Tour will be treated differently, as is currently the case, to provide elite players with matches in an appropriately controlled environment, following Government guidelines. We will also review options for the Junior National Championships including whether they can be played later in the year.”
Following the Government’s latest instruction that no more than six people can meet outdoors, and the LTA’s extension of the cancellation of LTA-approved competitions to 26th July 2020, the Bucks Tennis Competitions Committee have decided today to officially cancel the Summer 2020 shield competitions (ladies, men’s & medley). Winter competitions were forced to end early, but we are now looking to start the 2020/21 Winter Shield in September